As a patient or attendant, you are responsible:
Rights of the Patient: Right to
- Considerate and respectful care.
- Information on diagnosis, treatment and medicines
- Obtain all the relevant information about the professionals involved in the patient care
- Expect that all the communication and records pertaining to his/her case to treated as confidential.
- Expect prompt treatment in an emergency
- Refuse to participate in human experimentation, research , project affecting his/ her care or treatment
- Get copies of medical records.
- Know what hospital rules and regulations apply to him/her as a patient and the facilities obtainable to the patient.
- Get details of the bill
- Seek second opinion about his/her disease, treatment etc.,